- A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data about visitors who are under the age of 13.
- A NOTE TO USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
- TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT. ShopRunner collects Personal Data and Anonymous Data from you when you visit our Site, send us information or communications, and/or when you use our Services. “Personal Data” means data that is personally identifiable to you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card information, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not permit the identification of individual persons.
- Personal Data You Provide to Us. We collect Personal Data directly from you as described below:
i. When you create an account with us or renew your membership, we will collect your first and last name, middle initial, e-mail address, password, billing address, telephone number, year of birth, and credit card information (including credit card type, number, expiration date, and CVV).
ii. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply, and any information that you submit to us.
iii. When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional information.
iv. When you post messages or reviews of Retailers or products, including comments on the facebook or blog sections of our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
v. If you decide to invite a guest to enjoy your ShopRunner membership, as described in greater detail in the Terms of Service Agreement, we will collect the guest’s name, e-mail address(es), relationship to you, and your year of birth in order to include them in your Account.
vi. If you decide to invite a third party to create their own account, we will collect your and the third party’s name and e-mail address in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party.
vii. If you decide to purchase a Gift Membership for a third party, we will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send e-mails notifying you and them of the Gift Membership purchase.
viii. If you use our mobile application, we will periodically collect the GPS data (i.e., location data) and the device information (including the UID) of the handheld mobile device on which the mobile application is installed. If you use our mobile application to use our Site and Services, including to share content with other users, we will collect information about your use and your shared content and associate that information with your account. We use the information above (collectively, “Mobile App Information”), in part, to provide you location-based information, marketing, information about our Site and Services (including the mobile application), to improve our Site and Services, learn about your habits, and to personalize your user experience. You expressly consent to our collection and use of your Mobile App Information as described above.
ix. If you use our Receipt Tracking Service:
In order to organize the shopping information in your emails, we collect and store your email address and your emails relating to order confirmations, shipping notices, receipts, promotions and other shopping-related emails. If your email account is not with Gmail or Yahoo Mail, we also collect and store your email password. We access these emails after you sign up and, to make a better and faster user experience, we continue to access shopping-related emails whether or not you login to the Receipt Tracking Service until you delete your Receipt Tracking Service account or revoke access to the Receipt Tracking Service (details on how to do that are in the next paragraph below). These emails are accessed by our software, which is designed to access only shopping-related emails and not personal or other emails. The emails are reviewed by humans only in limited circumstances. As an example, if you send us an email asking us to add a receipt, a human will review it. If you take a picture of a receipt with the mobile application, a human may review that photo to extract relevant data into a database. When you use Yahoo Mail or Gmail, we use the OAuth protocol to access your emails without collecting your email password.
You can remove our access to Gmail by clicking here and revoking access to the Receipt Tracking Service. (Please note that Gmail puts two entries on this page – one is for signing in to the Receipt Tracking Service, the other is for access to Gmail.) You can remove our access to Yahoo Mail by clicking here and revoking access to the Receipt Tracking Service. When you revoke access to Gmail or Yahoo Mail, we do not get a notification, so if you’d also like to delete your Receipt Tracking Service account, you’ll need to email us at email@example.com. If your email account is not with Gmail or Yahoo Mail, you can remove our access and your Receipt Tracking Service account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
xi. We may also collect other Personal Data from you, including shipping addresses that you may provide, at other points in our Site or Service.
- Information Collected on Other Sites. Other websites may allow ShopRunner, including via advertising companies and ad networks, to display advertisements on their websites. We may use technologies such as cookies and tracking pixels, to collect information about users who view or interact with our advertisements. We may collect information about where you, or others who are using your computer, saw and/or clicked on the advertisements we deliver, and possibly associate this information with your subsequent visits to the advertised websites. We also may combine this information with Personal Data we have already collected from you. This information allows us to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org).
5. USE OF YOUR DATA
- Uses. In addition to the uses described in Section 4, ShopRunner uses your Personal Data: to respond to requests that you make; to provide the Services; to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network; to allocate costs for providing the Services between ShopRunner and its Retailers; to aid us in serving you better; to facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our system; identify you as a user in our system and in our Retailers’ systems; provide improved administration of our Service; improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Service; send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your account was created; send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests; to send promotional communications as described below; to conduct fraud detection and investigation; and to evaluate consumer behavior.
- Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Site and Services. This may include suggesting products and offering shopper scores and reviews based on the aggregate purchases in our system. ShopRunner reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and to disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Legal Disclosures. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Personal Data (as described below), ShopRunner may disclose Personal Data if it believes in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on ShopRunner; (b) protect or defend the rights or property of ShopRunner or users of the Site or Services; or (c) assist in the detection and investigation of fraud and other illegal activity.
- Disclosure to Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with, or allow your Personal Data to be collected by, third party service providers to provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; or to provide other services to us or you. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by ShopRunner. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Data with our contractors and other service providers as described herein.
- Disclosure to Retailers. Our disclosure of your Personal Data to a Retailer depends on your use of the Services. For example, if you use just our 2-Day Shipping program, we do not provide Retailers with your Personal Data, except that we may provide your email address to help connect your ShopRunner account to your account with the Retailer. If you use our PayRunner express checkout Services, we will disclose your Personal Data to Retailers, including credit card information (including credit card type, number, expiration date, and CVV), as required to allow the Retailer to process your purchase. For example, if you elect to use our PayRunner express checkout Services to make a purchase on a Retailer’s website, we will use the information stored in our systems (e.g., name, billing address, shipping addresses, credit card number) to populate an order form for the purchase and transmit that information to the Retailer to process the purchase. If we disclose your Personal Data to a Retailer, the privacy policies of each Retailer shall govern the applicable Retailer’s use and disclosure of your Personal Data. Because we do not control the privacy practices of the Retailers, you should read and understand their privacy policies. We are not responsible for any Retailer’s use of any Personal Data.
- Disclosure to Partner Companies and other Third Parties. We may disclose your Personal Data (excluding your credit card information) to third parties with whom we have a partnership agreement (“Partner Companies”), and other third parties (together with Partner Companies, “Third Party Companies”). You may opt-out of our disclosure of your Personal Data to Third Party Companies for their research and marketing purposes as described in Section 8 below. The privacy policies of each Third Party Company govern the use and disclosure of your Personal Data by such Third Party Company. Because we do not control the privacy practices of the Third Party Companies, you should read and understand their privacy policies. We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from Partner Companies. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our website. Without limiting the foregoing, we may disclose your Mobile App Information to our Partner Companies, including mobile carriers. You expressly consent to our disclosure of your Mobile App Information (defined above) as described above.
8. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data.
- Changes to Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data in your account by editing your Account profile. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, however, such information may continue to be retained on our back up and archival systems. Accordingly, when you request that we remove your information from our systems, copies may remain on our systems for a certain time. Please note, such requests are handled promptly, but it does require some time to complete the request. Until that time, your information may continue to be used in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
Attn: Legal Services
225 Washington Street, 3rd floor, Conshohocken, PA 19428